Monday, April 13, 2009

U2 is FINALLY coming to Norman, Oklahoma - U2 360!











Date: October 18, 2009
City: Norman (Home of the SOONERS!!!)
State: Oklahoma
Venue: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
Opening Act: Black Eyed Peas

I know my Blog is about Real Estate but I had to mention "something" about U2 coming back to OKLAHOMA!!!

I am a huge U2 fan and long time member of Propaganda (U2's fanclub name from the 80's). I was one of the fans that won the NYC book signing back in Sept 2006. What a great experience it was to meet each member of U2. What great and humble guys they were. Anyway, I showed each one of the members photos of the last time they played in Oklahoma. They played in Norman, Oklahoma in 1983 at the Lloyd Noble. I was 12 at the time and unable to make it to the concert! Edge promised that they would try to make it back to Oklahoma since it had been so long. Bono LOVED the photo that I showed him of himself onstage in Norman in 1983. He laughed OUT LOUD and said how young he looked and commented about his “mullet”. He saw my Oklahoma Sooners sweatshirt and asked me if I was from Oklahoma. He then promised to make it to Oklahoma just so I could have a better updated photo of himself onstage. He then signed my book “The Fish of Oklahoma”. I don’t know what that means but it’s still awesome! I also started the online petition trying to get U2 to come to Oklahoma: 
I was so surprised to see U2 coming to NORMAN, OKLAHOMA this October!!! It truly is a long time dream of mine to see my favorite band in my home state. They are truly keeping their word!!

The last time U2 has played Oklahoma was June 10, 1983 during the War Tour.

Support Act: The Alarm

Setlist from 1983:

   1. Out Of Control
   2. Twilight
   3. An Cat Dubh
   4. Into The Heart
   5. Surrender
   6. Two Hearts Beat As One
   7. Seconds
   8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
   9. The Cry
  10. The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet)
  11. I Fall Down
  12. October
  13. New Year's Day
  14. Gloria

      encore(s):
  15. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
  16. I Will Follow
  17. 40